With our unseasonably warm winter, and an early spring, many Minnesotans have had spring fever for a while now. Finally, it is officially Spring! It is time to think about Spring cleaning, and getting our homes ready for open windows, warmer weather, and outside air!
Here are a few spring cleaning tips:
1) Wipe down the blades on your ceiling fans, and then switch the direction of the fans for the change of seasons. Ceiling fans should go in the counter-clockwise direction for the cooling season.
2) Wash your curtains, blinds and windows to get rid of dust and dirt! Make your windows shine and the curtains fresh. If needed, vacuum or dry-clean your drapes accordingly.
3) If you were using a humidifier for the dry winter months, it is time to turn if off and/or put it away. Clean and store the humidifier as necessary.
4) Clean your carpets and area rugs, including under the couch, recliner, or other hard to reach areas. Time to get those dust bunnies!
5) Change the filter on your air conditioner before the cooling season begins. If your air conditioner could use a tune-up, contact your HVAC professional to make sure it is running at maximum efficiency.
6) Consider getting your air ducts cleaned if you have had remodeling projects, excessive dust, pet dander, etc.
Also, be sure to re-adjust your automatic thermostat for spring temperatures so that you are not unnecessarily heating your home when the Minnesota spring season shines.
What else have you done to clean or maintain your home for the new Minnesota season?